2019 Summer Internship Program
We’re looking for a talented undergraduate to join the Jerrick and Vocal Team as part of our 2019 Summer Internship Class. The ideal candidate has a strong creative, entrepreneurial spirit with a commitment to excellence. A great fit for Jerrick means you are open to learn and evolve your skills. You think abstractly and can execute tactically. You are emotionally intelligent and flexible to accommodate shifting priorities. You work without ego and value radical transparency–you seize any opportunity to add value to the collective.
The Jerrick Summer Internship is a paid opportunity located out of our Fort Lee, NJ headquarters. Interns will work out of our office a minimum of 3 days a week (~20 hours) for a period of 8 weeks starting mid-June.
Summer Internships will fall under the following categories:
- Business Analysis
- Content Marketing
- Data/IT Analysis
- Understand and document current and new business processes.
- Develop training documentation to support the training needs of each department such as training curriculum and quick reference guides.
- Work cross-functionally across the company to set strategy, develop process and implement execution of organization initiatives ranging from sales and marketing to operations, data analysis and corporate communications.
- Conduct market research.
- Demonstrate business judgment, leadership, creativity, decision making skills, and integrity.
- Work on strategic marketing and business development outreach efforts.
- Support the planning and execution of strategic communications initiatives that promote the Vocal brand and its various proprietary technologies, products, and ventures.
- Develop and maintain media contacts and relationships.
- Look for opportunities to partner with, and tell stories about, Vocal creators and communities.
- Participate in Brand + Community strategy development and execution.
- Serve as a social media platform expert - bring industry trends, innovative ideas, and fresh approaches to engage with our various audiences.
- Interpret data and analytics, set up reports, and make strategic decisions to improve results - you will study Vocal user behavior, content, product features and Jerrick’s internal data infrastructure
- Develop and implement data analysis metrics, data collection systems, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Identify, analyze, interpret, and disseminate patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and simplify data by reviewing reports and performance indicators to locate and rectify problems
- Work with Jerrick’s executive office team to prioritize business and information needs.
The Ideal Candidate is:
- Passionate about and familiar with business analysis and technology startups.
- Analytically-minded; someone who is comfortable with data, results-driven and can navigate through ambiguity.
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Marketing, Communications, Statistics, Data Science, or a related field.
Please note: Fort Lee, NJ is an ideal location for students who will be in the Northern NJ or Rockland County, NY area this summer. Additionally for NYC students, we are just a quick subway trip up to the GW bridge at 181st in NYC with public transportation shuttles running every 5 minutes across the bridge. Commute time from the Upper West Side of Manhattan is 25 minutes.
Paid Opportunity: $10 an hour